The Texas High School Athletic Directors Association serves as the professional association and advocate for all Athletic Administrators in the state of Texas. THSADA provides professional education opportunities and serves as a vehicle in networking and the exchange of information conducive to all Athletic Administrators.
- THSADA Annual State Conference and Exhibitor Tradeshow, 4-day event filled with networking, professional development opportunities, informative sessions speakers, and access to exhibitors
- PBK Sports -THSADA Hall of Honor Ceremony, an annual event at THSADA State Conference, includes:
- Hall of Honor Inductions
- Joe Bill Fox Distinguished Service Award
- THSADA Region Athletic Administrator of the Year
- All NIAAA Awards
- Fall Forum, an annual event held in the fall semester including a facility tour, informational TAAC classes, and networking opportunities
- THSCA Coaching School, an annual event put on by THSCA, with THSADA exclusive events, include:
- THSADA Social Event
- PBK Sports -THSADA Athletic Director of the Year
- Texas Athletic Administrators Certification Program (TAAC), certification program with classes offered at THSADA events (State Conference and Fall Forum), as well as online
- CPE opportunity, professional development sessions at THSADA State Conference
- THSADA committees, serve on one of 8 committees to improve and develop initiatives for ADs around the state
- Legislative representation, have a voice in issues as they arise and affect athletic programs and budgets
- THSADA Awards & Recognition Programs, opportunity to be nominated and awarded state or nationwide
- Board of Directors, opportunity to serve as an officer or regional director to represent ADs in your region or around the state
- Regional Meetings, meetings held throughout the year in respective regions with relevant AD discussion and sponsor representation
- Networking opportunities, numerous chances to communicate and collaborate with other professional administrators around your region and the state
- THSADA Newsletter, publication written by and for athletic administrators, published 3 times a year
- THSADA E-News, bi-weekly updates from around the state and Association
- Website, member resources concerning current topics, information for ADs, and THSADA procedures and policy
- Buyers’ Guide
- Job Postings
- Student Scholarships, opportunity to nominate athletes from your district for the THSADA Whataburger Scholar Athlete Award
TYPE OF MEMBERSHIPS
Active membership is permitted for all individuals who have UIL/private school athletic administrative responsibilities within the State of Texas. This includes Campus Athletic Coordinators and any other ISD official with athletic administrative duties.
Available to anyone who wishes to support the THSADA, an out of state athletic director or someone involved in working with a state coaching/athletic association as an employee or a college/university level athletic administrator may become an Associate Member. College students may also become Associate Members. Associate membership shall not have voting privileges.
Active or associate members who become disabled, retire, or inactive for other causes may become retired members. Retired members shall not have voting privileges in association business and must have served in an athletic administrative capacity for a minimum of ten years. There will be no membership fee for retired membership.
The Board of Directors may vote honorary membership as they see fit. There will be no fee or voting privileges assigned this membership.
Annual dues shall be $55 for both active and associate membership. Membership fees are due during the membership calendar year. There will be an $100 registration fee to the State conference.
The THSADA membership year runs from September 1st-August 31st. There will be no pro-rate for the membership fee.