Why Join the Texas High School Athletic Directors Association?
The Texas High School Athletic Directors Association currently has over 1,200 members and lists Athletic Directors, Assistant Athletic Directors, Campus Athletic Coordinators and a variety of Head Coaches as Active members.
- A THSADA members can take all TAAC classes without a fee (Active/Associate/Retired/Honorary).
- The THSADA will act as an advocate for all athletic administrators in the State of Texas regarding the issues and concerns that affect their profession.
- The THSADA will collectively advance and respond to professional concerns of athletic administrators and provide representation of athletic administrators at the state-level.
- Provide professional development opportunities and programs for athletic administrators.
- The THSADA will provide networking and collaborative opportunities for athletic administrators.
- Provide opportunities for members to participate in the activities and program of the Association so that their professional perspective can be on a state-level.
Benefits of THSADA Membership
- THSADA State Conference in the Spring
- Networking, Professional Development opportunities, informative sessions speakers, access to Exhibitors
- PBK Sports -THSADA Hall of Honor Ceremony at THSADA State Conference
- Hall of Honor Inductions
- PBK Sports -THSADA Athletic Director of the Year
- Joe Bill Fox Distinguished Service Award
- THSADA Region Athletic Administrator of the Year
- All NIAAA Awards
- THSCA Coaching School
- Attend the THSADA General Session
- Access to special programs and speakers at the THSADA General Session
- Professional Development geared for athletic administration
- Texas Athletic Administrators Certification program
- Opportunity to serve on various THSADA committees
- Legislative representation as issues arise that affect athletic programs and budgets
- Website- with current topics, information for AD’s, THSADA procedures/policy
- Obtain CPE’s attending THSADA State Conference professional development sessions
- THSADA annual newsletter-3 times a year
- THSADA bi-weekly updates through eNews
- Opportunity to be a candidate for THSADA awards/recognition programs
Article IV– Membership
Section 4.02 – Active Membership
Active membership is permitted for all individuals who have UIL/private school athletic administrative responsibilities within the State of Texas. This includes Campus Athletic Coordinators and any other ISD official with athletic administrative duties.
Section 4.03 – Associate Membership
Available to anyone who wishes to support the THSADA, an out of state athletic director or someone involved in working with a state coaching/athletic association as an employee or a college/university level athletic administrator may become an Associate Member. College students may also become Associate Members. Associate membership shall not have voting privileges.
Section 4.04 – Retired Membership
Active or associate members who become disabled, retire, or inactive for other causes may become retired members. Retired members shall not have voting privileges in association business and must have served in an athletic administrative capacity for a minimum of ten years. There will be no membership fee for retired membership.
Section 4.05 – Honorary Membership
The Board of Directors may vote honorary membership as they see fit. There will be no fee or voting privileges assigned this membership.
Section 4.06 – Dues
Annual dues shall be $55 for both active and associate membership. Membership fees are due during the membership calendar year. There will be an $100 registration fee to the State conference. The $100 fee will cover activities and socials.