Why Join the Texas High School Athletic Directors Association?
- The THSADA will act as an advocate for all athletic administrators in the State of Texas regarding the issues and concerns that affect their profession.
- The THSADA will collectively advance and respond to professional concerns of athletic administrators and provide representation of athletic administrators at the state-level.
- Provide professional development opportunities and programs for athletic administrators.
- The THSADA will provide networking and collaborative opportunities for athletic administrators.
- Provide opportunities for members to participate in the activities and program of the Association so that their professional perspective can be on a state-level.
Article IV– Membership
Section 4.02 – Active Membership
Active membership is permitted for all individuals who have UIL/private school athletic administrative responsibilities within the State of Texas. This includes Campus Athletic Coordinators and any other ISD official with athletic administrative duties.
Section 4.03 – Associate Membership
Available to anyone who wishes to support the THSADA, an out of state athletic director or someone involved in working with a state coaching/athletic association as an employee or a college/university level athletic administrator may become an Associate Member. College students may also become Associate Members. Associate membership shall not have voting privileges.
Section 4.04 – Retired Membership
Active or associate members who become disabled, retire, or inactive for other causes may become retired members. Retired members shall not have voting privileges in association business and must have served in an athletic administrative capacity for a minimum of ten years. There will be no membership fee for retired membership.
Section 4.05 – Honorary Membership
The Board of Directors may vote honorary membership as they see fit. There will be no fee or voting privileges assigned this membership.
Section 4.06 – Dues
Annual dues shall be $55 for both active and associate membership. Membership fees are due during the membership calendar year. There will be an $100 registration fee to the State conference. The $100.00.00 fee will cover activities, banquets and socials.
Benefits of THSADA Membership
- Home Team Marketing-THSADA State Conference in the Spring
- Networking, professional development opportunities, informative sessions speakers, visit with Exhibitors
- PBK Sports -THSADA Hall of Honor Banquet at Coaching School
- Hall of Honor Inductions
- PBK Sports -THSADA Athletic Director of the Year
- Joe Bill Fox Award
- THSADA Regional Athletic Administrator of the Year
- All NIAAA Awards
- THSCA Coaching School
- Attend the THSADA General Session
- Recognize outgoing Regional Directors
- Recognize retiring AD’s retired
- Access to special programs and speakers at the THSADA General Session
- Professional Development geared for athletic administration
- Legislative representation as issues arise that affect athletic programs and budgets
- Website- with current topics, information for AD’s, THSADA procedures/policy
- Obtain CPE’s attending THSADA State Conference professional development sessions
- THSADA annual newsletter
- THSADA weekly update eNews
- Opportunity to serve on various THSADA committees
- Candidates for THSADA awards/recognition programs