Board Meeting Recap – Monday, January 6th, 2014
Texas High School Athletic Directors Association
Board of Directors Meeting – January 6th, 2014
- The THSADA By-Laws that are now posted on the www.thsada.com were approved by the Board of Directors on January 6th, 2014.
- The Executive Director will send the Regional Directors a profile of the Vice President’s position to assist in the selection of a Regional VP candidate.
- Regional VP candidates are to be sent to the THSADA Office in early February. These will be turned over to the Past President. VP candidates will interview with the Nominating Committee to determine if they will move forward to run for the position of VP.
- We will need a candidate to replace Ronny Peacock as Chair of the Professional Development Committee.
- Discussed adding a permanent position – Retired AD to the Awards Committee – May Mtg.
- All Exhibits will be handled through the THSADA Office after the State Conference.
- THSADA Board will discuss VP election procedures. – May Mtg.
- Article 4/Section 4.02: Active Membership – Restored Private School AD’s to voting status as an Active Member.
- Article 5/Section 5.07: Removed Past Directors. Directors that will be getting off the Board will stay through the Board orientation at THSCA Coaching School.
- Article 5/Section 5.07: Board voted to add the three new Region – 1-4-6. New Directors take office starting at THSCA Coaching School.
- Article 15/Section 15.01: Executive Director and THSADA President are the only members authorized to enter into any contracts on behalf of the THSADA.
- Article 10: Removed Sections 10.02/.03/.04.
- Article 4/Section 4.07: THSADA will review all membership and has the ability to revoke or deny.
- Article 8/Section 8.01: There will be no nominations from the floor at the General Session at Coaching School. All members have the opportunity to be nominated through their Region process for VP.
- Article 8/Section 8.01: Nominating Committee will interview potential candidates for the office of VP and recommend who will move forward to the General Session election.
- THSADA Board approved continued discussion of the joint THSADA-UIL Summer Institute – May Mtg.
- The THSADA Board approved the Fort Worth Omni as a State Conference site for 2017.