With this inaugural event, the THSADA has added a unique opportunity for membership to meet at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, site of our upcoming 50th State Conference in June.
MONDAY, MARCH 1
2 PM Attendee Registration/Badge Pickup (Reg. #5)
3 PM Hotel Check-In
3 PM Sponsor Badge Pickup & Setup (Reg. #6)
4:15-4:45 PM PBK Sports Reception (Kilimanjaro #5) Temperature Checks before entering ballroom
4:45-6 PM Balfour Awards Presentations (Kilimanjaro #5)
6 PM Enjoy the Kalahari!
TUESDAY, MARCH 2
7:30 AM Registration/Badge Pickup (Reg. #5/#6) Temperature check & Beverage break entering pre function area
8:30-8:40 AM Rusty Dowling (Kilimanjaro #5)
8:40-9:30 AM Current Issues in Texas High School Athletics presented by SportsYou – TAAC 301 (Kilimanjaro #5)
David Kuykendall: President (Frisco ISD) – Moderator
Maria Kennedy (El Paso ISD)
Dr. Ronald Jackson (Beaumont ISD)
Rodney Chant (San Angelo ISD)
Val Little (Prosper ISD)
9:45-10:40 AM Enhancing the Stadium Experience with Daktronics, Musco Lighting, PBK Sports – TAAC 405 (Kilimanjaro #5)
11 AM-2 PM Daktronics Sponsor Showcase Mini Tradeshow (Kilimanjaro #6)
Lunch in Sponsor Showcase area
2-2:45 PM Kevin Atlas – Keynote Speaker presented by Varsity Brands (Kilimanjaro #5)
2:50-3:40 PM UIL Presentation with Dr. Susan Elza presented by Hellas Construction – TAAC 101 (Kilimanjaro #5)
Special THSADA guest room rates have been secured and will be available upon Spring Sponsor Showcase Registration.
THSADA room rates include:
- Reduced Resort Fees for Waterpark and Tom Foolery’s Family Entertainment center
- Complimentary Self Parking
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Fitness Center
How much is registration?
$70 for members only.
When does registration close?
Registration closes Wednesday, February 17th.
Will there be on-site registration?
Yes and the price is $80.
How do I book my hotel room?
Once you register for Spring Sponsor Showcase, you will be provided with the link to book your room.
What awards will be honored at the PBK Sports Reception?
Regional Athletic Administrators of the Year, THSADA Joe Bill Fox Award, PBK Sports-THSADA Athletic Director of the Year, and NIAAA awards.
What health and safety guidelines will be followed for this event?
If pandemic protocol is still necessary, the THSADA will have in place the following measures to show duty of care to our conference attendees, sponsors/exhibitors and staff during face-to-face events:
Anticipate, avoid, mitigate:
- Temperatures will be taken, and a brief health survey must be completed on-site before entry to THSADA meeting area each day of the event
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to attend that day’s events
- Attendees agree to wear face masks (covering both mouth & nose) at all times
- Mask free- zones will be established for quick breaks when needed
- Social distancing protocols will be in place and attendees agree to adhere
- Socially distanced seating will be assured, and flow of attendees monitored for safe distance
- Hand sanitizer stations and disposable masks will be available in all event areas for all attendees
- THSADA staff will isolate areas if exposed/sick persons are identified and close these areas until the venue can thoroughly disinfect
- Click here to learn more about Kalahari Coronavirus Protocols and how they impact your stay
- Attendees in non-compliance will be notified, and asked to leave if refusal to comply persistsWe